Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Saturday 22 September 2018

Certificate Module 5, Chapter 6: Tucks, Pleats and Gathers, Day 22

5.6.12  (a)


Image 5.6.12 above shows the first stage of my experiment with tucks.  Keeping it nice and simple, straight tucks at regular intervals each the width of the presser foot.  As I sewed the needle kept catching in the fabric and pulling it slightly.  I don't know whether it was the synthetic fabric or if I needed to change the needle in my sewing machine, but I quite liked the effect so just carried on.

5.6.12   (b)
In 12(b) above I added some random tucks at an angle to the first tucks.

5.6.12   (c)
In 12(c) I continued adding lines of tucks at random angles until the apparently fragile but actually very tough and springy man-made fabric (piece of an old sheer curtain) became hard to sew through. 

I didn't manage to start on today's sample until 9.30 this evening and it is now past my bedtime, so I'll leave it there, but I'd like to do some more to this if I can - perhaps another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment