Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Monday 24 September 2018

Certificate Module 5, Chapter 6: Tucks, Pleats and Gathers, Day 24

I'm finding the (self imposed) pressure on me to post every day, and to finish a sample everyday, is too stressful and so I'm just timetabling an hour a day.

I didn't get much done in today's hour.  Hand stitching is too time consuming.  However I did get a bit more of sample 5.6.13 done.

Below are some details:

5.6.13 (b)  Tuck pressed to make box pleat
This was a bit boring I thought but I might add to it later to make a bit more interest, perhaps a pintuck at each edge or some sort of interesting edge.

5.6.13 (c) Caterpillars!
In 13(c), I slashed a tuck at regular intervals and then put a brown and a white pipe cleaner in and out through alternative slashes.  It looks a bit like a succession of caterpillars.

5.6.13(d)   Pintuck
The red arrow in 13(d) above shows a pintuck - yes one solitary one.  I hope to have time to add more later.

5.6.13 (e)  Loop edging
I worked part of the pintuck with, instead of back stitch, then an edging stitch consisting of loops covered with buttonhole stitch.  I only had time to complete 4 but I'll extend it tomorrow.


5.6.13 (f)
Because of the random nature of the creases left by the dampening and binding of the cloth, they lent themselves very readily to short tucks at odd angles as in 13 (f) above.  There is also a deeper tuck with several rows of stitching.

That's all I had time for today.  I haven't had an evening to relax since the beginning of September because posting every day, as well as a daily drawing challenge, has meant that I am working late into the evening.  So today, my day has been timetabled and life should get a whole lot more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment