Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Sketchbook day 5

With tea a subject close to my heart and having started the sketchbook by making a cup of tea, I thought I would like to draw my old favourite, well used and well loved little teapot.  I prepared the background for the first two drawings by emptying out used teabags, drying the paper, tearing it up and gluing it down onto the sketchbook page.  For the second two drawings, I became interested in the reflections on the shiny surface, so tried to depict them in my drawing.  For the background to these, I printed some information on the history of tea from the British Tea Council's webside, glued them to the sketchbook pages and tinted them with tea.

"Learning your lines" 1
Conte clutch pencil with chalk lead

"Learning your lines" 2
Conte pencil as above










"Learning your lines" 3
Conte pencil as above


"Learning your lines" 4
Ordinary 2B pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment