Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Saturday 20 August 2011

Sketchbook day 27 carbon copies continued

In this exercise I scribbled all over a page of printer paper with an 8B pencil and then laid it graphite side down on top of a sketchbook page and drew on the back with a biro.  This transferred the graphite drawing onto the page of the sketchbook.


I like the technique here, but I wasn't too happy with my own drawing.  I found it very hard to get the proportions of the chair right.  Also in the second drawing, I didn't fill the whole sheet with graphite and it ran out for the bottom of the drawing.  I worked some more into this drawing, correcting some of the proportions and adding the missing part of the chair legs.

Finally I tried drawing into the graphite with a rubber. 


However by this time I was getting tired, and wasn't happy at all with the drawing.  Will try another day covering a page with graphite and drawing into it with a rubber.  Meanwhile afternoon tea beckons ...

No comments:

Post a Comment