Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Sketchbook day 4

I tried some ideas to play around with the quality of line, drawing a cut pepper.   I didn't really like how the drawings turned out, however the process of taking a half hour or so to myself (away from being a nurse/housekeeper!) were very satisfactory and I enjoyed doing the drawing even though I'm not very pleased with the results.


Sketchbook day 4 (1)
Drawing done with non-waterproof pen, inside painted over with water to blur outline. 
Diluted ink added afterwards to suggest form.



Sketchbook day 4 (2)
I tried drawing onto a wet surface with a non-waterproof pen.
I worked into it afterwards (also on wet paper) with a new pencil I bought recently:
a Derwent Inktense, which dissolves in water.  Nice effects, but will need to practise with it some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment