5.3.5 was my favourite of all the images. I used a black background again for this. I covered the black paper with glue and then glued down a sheet of tissue paper that was cut a good bit bigger than the background and pushed it into random folds while the glue was still wet, to portray the background foliage. For the hanging branches, I twisted long narrow pieces of tissue paper and knotted them at intervals to portray the buds/shoots. This was the second try I had had for this image as I had used it for the cover of my sketchbook as shown in 5.3.5(a) below.
While this has been a most enjoyable couple of chapters, it will be a welcome relief not to have everything (including me and my clothes) covered in glue! Also I am keen to get on to fabric and stitch and am looking forward to the next chapters.