Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Sunday 30 July 2017

New Beginnings: Certificate Module 5 - get ready ...set ...

Very excited to be starting a new module and a woodland walk last week gave the perfect opportunity to take lots of textural photographs.  Now I can hardly wait to get stuck in!



However, in this, the penultimate module of the Certificate, I'm determined to learn from my experiences.  I will try to curb my enthusiasm (temporarily) and get organised with the equipment and materials I will need.  It is not ideal to have to search the house (not to mention the garden shed/summertime studio) while in the middle  of a piece of work and so I have taken time to gather what I will need and keep it in one handy place.  It also gives me the opportunity to make a shopping list of anything I am lacking.

I worked my way through the requirements list and put together everything I could find from the list.  First the design materials:



Next the embroidery materials, first of all threads:



And then fabrics and sewing equipment:




Next, tools and equipment:


Now where to keep it all?  The sewing machine lives on a shelf underneath the table on which I use it.  The rest, in plastic boxes, can sit on top of my sewing trolley.



Finally, a shopping list of things that might be useful, but I don't have them.  One online shop should do it.

  • matte medium (I prefer it to any other kind of glue, but I'm running short)
  • Markal oil bar in white
  • more black ink (I have only a small amount)
  • quilting wool
  • pipe cleaners


OK, now I'm ready for action.  Watch this space ...


1 comment:

  1. Very well organised Catherine! I hope you enjoy this module and I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete