Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Thursday 3 May 2012

Certificate Module 2 Chapter 7 PS

Sian wondered what the back of my log cabin pieces looked like, so here they are:

2.7.A8 reverse
2.7.A6 reverse
2.7.A7 reverse
Sian also suggested I might try chopping up one of the log cabin blocks to make a seminole design.  I sliced 2.7.A8 into diagonal strips then played about with the layout until I got something I liked.  I liked the fact that the shape changed from a square to a much more interesting one.  I also liked the chevron effect gained by turning alternate strips upside down.


2.7.C1

 This has given me a renewed interest in log cabin piecing - as long as I chop it into bits afterwards!! 

4 comments:

  1. Think we might be neighbours!!!! I am in Strathdon doing Module 2 Chapter 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith,

      How nice to hear from you. Yes, I am just a jump over the hills from you in Deeside. Such a coincidence that we are almost at the same stage in our work as well. It would be nice to meet up, but not sure how we could arrange it without our addresses becoming publicly visible unless we meet in a coffee shop initially. Is Platform 22 in Torphins too far for you to reach easily? It is a lovely coffee shop with great home baking. I am retired now so could make almost any day available.
      Catherine.

      Delete
  2. Hi Catherine. I love this last sample. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,
    Thanks for your kind words. I am beginning (at last) to be really excited by this module. I've also been trying to organise my time a bit better.

    ReplyDelete