Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Friday 29 April 2011

Module 2 introduction: abstracting a design from animal markings

Collecting visual information

I started by photographing some drawings of a snake skin which I had done some years ago.  I cut and pasted the images to make a composite picture.


I then used Photoshop to convert the image to greyscale and then applied a photocopy filter.





I did exactly the same thing with some old drawings I had done of fish.









I played around with cutting and pasting to get a less rigid fish composite:


Words describing subject

Looking at my two main subjects of snake and fish I considered words which I associated with them.




Drawing

I used the words to inspire me to make marks which I felt communicated something of the feel of the subject.










 



No comments:

Post a Comment