Module 5 "Touching Texture"

Module 5: "Touching Texture"

A study based on textured surfaces in landscape.

Sunday 15 March 2009

Sunday 15th March 2009

Here are some pages from my scrapbook, looking at crosses:

digital photos
drawings of crosses
wax crayon rubbings washed with water based paint and ink

masking tape resists sponged with ink

wax crayon drawings sponged with water based ink


Here is my colour wheel




Some of my printed papers. Papers are A4 size. (I had only a small rubber to cut to make a printing block. I'll try some more printed papers once I have a larger printing block. I think a variety of sizes of image would be more interesting.) I choose the colour scheme of lime/violet, so also used green, lemon yellow, purple and red.

Some collaged crosses
More collages crosses, this time with some overlaps. Some of the paper I dyed was tracing paper. It keeps its strength and translucency and I like its crispness.
I had fun playing about with some of my digital photos with Photoshop. I printed one image on tracing paper according to instructions in Maggie Grey's "From Image to Stitch". It has worked really well and I can layer it later.Here are some more of my digitally altered photos:



I was cutting up a pepper when I realised the pith made a cross shape. Here are some of the images I got playing around with the photos on Photoshop:

Sorry, got this one in twice by mistake and can't find out how to delete it!!

At the moment I'm still working on the collages, with symmetry/assymmetry, counterchange, repeat patterns and distortion. Haven't photographed it yet, but no more time today. Will post it another time.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine
    Thanks for your comments, however I disagree. You have gone into much more depth and taken much more time than me for your cross research. I love your photoshop manipulation. I must give it a go as I think my work needs to be a bit more 'random'. Keep up the good work. Its nice to have someone to exchange views with.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete